Swimwear to suit your body
Large busts require extra support. For you, there are so many contemporary styles with underwire or control mesh shaping to choose from. Styles that have adequate coverage at the armholes are recommended.
- A dark solid color at the top of the suit with a pattern at the bottom will draw the eye downward.
- Sturdy straps and full coverage at the neckline and armholes will add support.
Average bodies typically have even proportions with similar sizing in bust and hips.
- Most swimsuit styles will suit this body type.
Hippy girls characteristically have a larger size on the hips and bottom than their bust. All that is needed is a neat trick or two to divert the observer's attention to your assets.
- Look for suits with vertical patterns and stripes, or suits that feature a bright color at the chest and a darker color below to draw attention away from the lower body.
- Higher cut leg openings can also create a slimming illusion, but don't sacrifice appropriate coverage for style.
- Dark colored hipster shorts can also minimize a generous behind paired them with a bright, colorful top.
Long bodies are best to go for any two piece suits. One pieces tend to ride up and / or pull the shoulders down.
- Look for one piece suits offered in long torso sizes.
- Two-piece suits will almost always eliminate fit problems.
- High-cut bottoms will lengthen your legs to create a more proportioned look.
Smaller busts should be boosted with padding or gathering to give the illusion of a larger bust. A glam unpadded style can look great too!
- Push-up bikini top with strings that tie around the neck.
- Tops that have interesting fabric details like ruffles and funky patterns that'll distract the eye.
- Bright colors, prints or diagonal stripes across the chest area.
Large tummy / waist shouldn't count you out for summer fun! Go for supportive one piece styles or one of the fabulous tankini styles.
- One-piece swim suit or a tankini.
- Patterns will camouflage your waistline while baring your arms and legs.
- Slimming stripes or color blocking at the waist can create the illusion of a slimmer middle.
- High-waisted bikini bottoms may also divert the eye from the midriff.